Here at WPScale, you have the option to create a personal or professional website, a blog or other ... and even an ecommerce site !
From the 1WP plan, you can create your online shop and start selling your products.
Let’s put a stop to the preconceived ideas:
- an ecommerce site does not necessarily require much more disk space than a regular site.
- You don't need a lot of technical knowledge to set up your shop.
- You can start selling your products from day one.
- You don't have to develop anything, as tools already exist for that.
- Your e-Commerce site can be powerful.
To create your online shop on WordPress, you need to install, activate and set up the famous WooCommerce plugin.
You can use the excellent tutorials below to create your shop and set it up correctly, avoiding any mistakes:
- Install, configure and use WooCommerce
- 10 WooCommerce plugins to discover
- Subscriptions and recurring payments with Subscriptions
- WooCommerce websites, behind the scenes
- Discover YOTPO for your WooCommerce
- Paypal vs PayPlug for your WooCommerce
- Create an e-Commerce site with WordPress
- Bank card payment with WooCommerce
- 10+1 Free WooCommerce Plugins
- WooCommerce, WordPress for efficient e-Commerce
Also, WPScale is fully compatible with many payment gateways. Here are some of the most popular ones:
In terms of performance, this has no real impact on the speed of your site, since it’s a simple additional plugin.
On the other hand, the more products you have to display, the longer the page will take to display.
It’s therefore important to optimize your products to the maximum, starting with the size of the image of your products. To do this, you can read the following article, which explains in detail the best practices, while taking into account your theme: Correct use of the size of your images.
As an example, you can see below a performance test of two e-commerce sites hosted by us:
Please note: given the importance of an e-commerce website, in terms of your visitors/customers, your website must be as efficient and available as possible, so you must be careful when updating.
We therefore advise you to use our cloning system (see the article on clones: use of clones) which lets you test updates in a development environment without the risk of breaking and making your site inaccessible, and then seeing your turnover and customer base decrease.